As the Community Manager, you’ll be a critical member of the Customer Marketing team and will contribute directly to the success of Procore’s Marketing goals by building and managing Procore’s online User Community. You’ll execute our community strategy, moderate discussions, curate content, recruit and engage community members, and orchestrate internal collaboration to help develop a robust and valuable online community for our users.
in an effort to develop and grow the Procore Community, you’ll be an evangelist of the Procore user, and motivate cross-departmental collaboration to rally behind our vision to improve the lives of everyone in construction. As a successful Community Manager, you have a true curiosity for our users, their challenges and behaviors, as well as a strong passion for a healthy community. This position requires a blend of skills needed to identify opportunities and develop strong strategies to recruit, engage, retain, and delight members of Procore’s online User Community.
What you’ll do:
- Build, organize, and oversee the online Community, connecting Procore users online and providing a global network for the construction industry consisting of product education, best practices, industry discussions, thought leadership, collaboration, customer support, etc.
- Develop and execute strategies to recruit users to join the online community as well as to drive online engagement
- Interface with online community daily to foster community sentiment and growth by posting content to engage members, monitor and moderate conversations, track Q&A, and maintain designated response metrics to ensure members are deriving the full value of the community
- Motivate cross-departmental collaboration to join and participate in the development and growth of the online Procore Community, becoming a community contributor
- Work cross-departmentally with Product Marketing, Product Support, Customer Success, and other teams to establish, monitor, and moderate various community groups
- Seek and establish collaborations and partnerships with Procore evangelists and industry influencers to become community leaders and promote and grow Procore’s Community
- Develop and monitor KPIs for community initiatives to ensure efficiency while driving to success, and distribute meaningful reports that track and measure community sentiment and performance, optimizing as necessary to ensure success
- Keep management apprised of key challenges within Community and work to resolve any challenges that arise, crafting and implementing crisis communication when called for
- Keep abreast of current trends in online communities to gain competitive insights and suggest ways to strategically innovate and improve the community
Who we’re looking for:
- Preferably 4-8 years of relevant B2B marketing and/or customer success work experience
- A proven track record of successfully building and managing online communities
- Understands the need and importance of building a community and enjoys building from the ground up
- Fluent knowledge and experience with online community platforms like Vanilla Forums, Lithium, Salesforce, or other
- Internet and technology savvy with an understanding of chat rooms, blogs, social networking sites, and consumer communities
- Highly organized and able to monitor and report on trends, record and curate feedback, and compile data
- In addition:
- You are passionate about and adept at building strong relationships with customers and internal teams
- You have great listening and conversational skills
- You are a strong writer with polished presentation and customer-facing communication skills and understand when and where to interact
- You have a high emotional intelligence and social IQ and possess a strong understanding of customer mindset and customer empathy, including a cultural sensitivity in an international perspective
- You have strong project management and time management skills including conceptualization, driving alignment, planning resources, managing deadlines and objectives for multiple priorities, and delivering analysis and recommendations
- You believe in ownership of your role and take initiative to find opportunities, develop plans that inspire others, and ensure execution through measured results
- You are a critical thinker with experience in problem-solving and collaborating thoughtfully in a fast-paced environment
Bachelor's Degree required.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide including Austin. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.