Manager, Customer Advocacy
As the Manager for Customer Advocacy, you’ll be a critical member of the Customer Marketing team and will contribute directly to the success of Procore’s Marketing goals by developing and managing the strategic direction of our customer advocacy team. You will be responsible for developing and executing on all areas of the customer advocacy strategy, identifying initiatives to cultivate advocates at each phase along the customer journey including recruitment and engagement, plus building and running a world-class reference and referral program for net new revenue.
You will be an evangelist of the Procore user/customer and motivate cross-departmental collaboration to rally behind your vision in an effort to develop and grow the customer advocacy team and program. You are motivated by building relationships and delighting customers with a motivation to go above and beyond to turn customers into advocates. You are passionate about the power of customer advocacy and will have a true curiosity around users/customers, their challenges and behaviors, and know how to make our customers shine by highlighting their success. This position requires a blend of skills needed to identify opportunities and develop strong strategies to ignite customer passion, drive loyalty and delight customers.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the customer advocacy team in the strategy, execution, and measurement of customer-centric marketing programs to grow, nurture, and acquire new advocates
- Own, execute, and manage the development and scaling of an efficient customer Reference Program for Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing
- Deliver a strong portfolio of global customer references that strengthens our market position, produces a pipeline, and accelerates the sales cycle, as well as inspires existing customers
- Identify opportunities and gaps in our customer reference database to support our various product lines and brand objectives
- Own, execute, and manage a scalable and trackable customer Referral Program that includes creative and targeted referral campaigns to spur word of mouth and drive new business revenue
- Work across teams to define the international strategy for Procore’s advocacy program, ensuring program is scalable across products and geographies
- Oversee the success of Builder’s Club, Procore’s Advocacy Program with over 8000+ champions
- Support the team in developing process to generate evidence of customer success, including reviews, customer stories, testimonials, case studies and tracking of co-marketing commitments
- Conduct interviews with strategic reference customers at executive levels to obtain crucial content for reference material
- Define, track and measure key customer advocacy metrics, identifying successes, trends, and potential problem areas for focus and improvement and present to internal stakeholders
- Build strong relationship and liaise with key stakeholders across all customer-facing organizations (sales, marketing, product, customer service and support, etc.)
- Keep abreast of current trends in Customer Marketing and Advocacy.
- Other tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned
Who you are:
- Preferably 5-8 years of relevant B2B marketing experience; technology or software industry preferred
- Experience in developing and managing a successful Reference Program and Referral Program
- Experience and passion for building high-performance teams, and turning individual strengths into extraordinary team progress
- Proven track record in customer marketing, customer advocacy, customer success or related field
- You have the ability to think/act strategically as well as roll up your sleeves and work as an individual contributor to meet goals
- You have strong project management skills including conceptualization, driving alignment, planning resources, managing deadlines and objectives, and delivering analysis and recommendations
- You are an excellent communicator and creative thinker, with the ability to use data to drive impactful action
- You possess a strong understanding of customer mindset and customer empathy and you have a dedication to great customer experiences
- Ability to effectively utilize time management skills to coordinate multiple timelines/priorities to ensure timely completion of projects/assignments
- You believe in ownership of your role and take initiative to find opportunities, develop plans that inspire others, and ensure execution through measured results
- You thrive in an environment that encourages openness
- You have polished presentation and customer-facing communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail with high level of accuracy
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and think quickly
Bachelor's Degree required.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.