Senior Platform Release Manager
We’re looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager, Platform to join our R&D team. In this role. You’ll help Procore evolve our platform by coordinating the rollout of major initiatives and new components across all of R&D. This is a strategic role to accelerate delivering value on platform initiatives that require participation or adoption by multiple teams.
As a successful Senior Technical Program Manager, you thrive in a fast-paced environment that is dynamic, collaborative, and where decisions regularly impact Procore’s collective ability to deliver against both short-term and long-term initiatives. You’re comfortable interacting with multiple stakeholders at all levels of a large organization, managing competing priorities, and making tough decisions to yield the maximum positive outcome for any given set of options. You have proven experience in understanding customer needs and delivering the best technology solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Coordinate the planning, development, and release of major initiatives that require action from multiple tribes and squads
- Coordinate global initiative priority setting with R&D leadership and promote alignment between organizational and local priorities among delivery teams
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Maintain the Procore Technology Radar that catalogs all common platform services and components and their readiness for adoption
- Maintain the release schedule for all platform services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors
- Coordinate the proper use of feature toggles and incremental rollouts for both speed and safety
- Produce implementation plans, and coordinate publishing common technical documentation across multiple teams
- Participate in the continuous improvement of our build/test/deploy processes
- Manage cross-squad projects ensuring that the MVP is well defined and communicated. Work breakouts are clear and assigned and that the progress of the project is visible to all stakeholders
- Act as a strong leader and advocate for Agile development excellence
- Continually research industry best practices for high-velocity release management and lead adoption of new ideas and methods
- Act as a communications hub for the squads, representing them in Project Management group meetings. Facilitate internal and cross-squad meetings to drive collaboration and alignment with the company’s OKRs
- Guide meetings so that they have a clearly stated purpose, goal, and agenda. Facilitate taking and publishing notes, capturing action items, and follow-ups
What We're Looking For:
- 7+ years of experience in Project or Release Management at a technology company
- Formal training and certification in project and release management (PMP, Scrum Alliance, etc.) is desired
- A history of organizing large-scale projects in a highly technical environment
- Extensive experience and knowledge of modern DevOps practice (CI/CD, observability, configuration management, and Everything Is Code)
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong critical thinking skills, demonstrating the ability to analyze and help teams break down projects into milestones
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits:
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.