Staff Site Reliability Engineer
Procore is seeking to grow it’s Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team at our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA and we are looking for a Staff Site Reliability Engineer to act as a advocate for improving our core engineering and software development practices to solve operational challenges. This is a senior role, that will serve as a member of our SRE team and act as a subject matter expert on infrastructure automation, scalability and performance optimization. You will also help guide, mentor and train team members; helping to enhance our infrastructure and grow our team.
Our tools of choice are Ruby on Rails, Bash, Go, Puppet and Terraform to name a few.
What you'll do:
- Work with product teams on design and implementation of large-scale distributed systems.
- Write large scale programs to automate operational tasks.
- Bring ideas to life to help make the lives of engineers better.
- Help our developers with some of their hardest problems.
- Investigate production outages, and help determine root causes / implement fixes
- Provide technical leadership and mentor junior team members
Some examples of our projects:
- An easy to use chat-based deployment tool with all our patterns baked in
- Command line tool to dissect network capture on a Postgres server for use in debugging and optimization
- Using Terraform + Puppet to easily build out complex cloud environments
- Internal and public DNS management tools
- An application cluster deployment tool based on Kubernetes
- An application cluster monitoring, alerting, and directory tool for easy cluster health checks
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of combined experience in Site Reliability and/or Infrastructure/DevOps engineering
- Obsession with automation and instrumentation
- Experience managing large scale cloud-based enterprise infrastructure
- Willingness to work within teams, providing mentorship and guidance to improve overall reliability of the ecosystem
- Passion for writing clean, readable, maintainable code, with a deep knowledge of at least 1 language: Ruby, Java, Python or Golang
- Insatiable knowledge seeker
- Ability to decompose complex systems and discover failure scenarios
Experience in one or more of the following technologies:
- Linux (Debian/Ubuntu a plus)
- MVC Web Frameworks (including Ruby on Rails, Django, Phoenix)
- Webservers (Apache or Nginx)
- Relational Databases (PostgreSQL or MySQL)
- In-Memory Caches (Memcache, Redis)
- Full Text Search (ElasticSearch, Solr)
- Cloud Computing (OpenStack, AWS)
- Config Management (including Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
- Containers and Container Management (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Security Tools (nmap, Burp Suite, Nessus)
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.