Senior Cloud Engineer
Procore is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer based in our Austin, TX office to play a key role in designing and deploying solutions for Procore’s Corporate Platform (IT, Business, and Data Analytics applications). Procore’s Corporate Platform incorporates a wide variety of features, including marketing, data warehousing, IT operations, and security systems as well as integration capabilities with external partners using web APIs and other technologies. This is a very hands-on role which will involve working with our engineering and operations departments to build and maintain production environments in AWS.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build, and maintain infrastructure in our AWS environment.
- Migrate existing services from physical data centers or cloud environments to AWS.
- Write scripts to automate operations and server management.
- Maintain QA and production configuration using automation tools.
- Build and maintain operations tools for monitoring, alerting, trending, and analysis.
- Define, create, test, and execute operations procedures.
- Troubleshoot production issues.
- Install OS updates/hotfixes/patches/service packs.
- Work with application developers to automate builds and software deployments to QA and production.
- Maintain and enhance the continuous integration and deployment environment.
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or comparable experience.
- At least 10 years’ experience building and maintaining enterprise production environments.
- At least 5 years of practical experience with most if not all of the following components of AWS: VPC, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route53, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, Redshift, Direct Connect, RDS, SNS, SQS, Lambda
- Experience administering web services on Linux using Apache/Tomcat/Oracle
- Fluent in AWS CLI
- Experience with high availability and scalability in AWS
- Fluent in Linux (RedHat/Amazon, CentOS, Ubuntu) administration & shell scripting (BASH)
- Comfortable with one of the programming/scripting languages: Python, Ruby
- Hands on experience with configuration tools like Salt, puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Production experience developing, configuring/supporting monitoring systems, alerting, and analytics (Sumo Logic, OpManager, New Relic, Datadog, etc.)
- Familiar with source control tools Git & SVN
- Experience with continuous integration tools (TeamCity and/or Jenkins preferred)
- Proficient in creating technical documentation & diagrams using Visio or similar
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment with a strong “do it yourself” ethic.
- Strong problem resolution, troubleshooting, and QA skills
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.